• ICC Test Team Ranking has released on 14th January 2019 and India has retained No.1 spot in the updated ICC Test Team Ranking.
• India is leading the list with 116 points.
• India leads over South Africa, who were placed at the 2nd position in the Ranking with 106 points.
List of ICC Test Team Ranking
• Sikkim Chief Minister Pawan Kumar Chamling launched the "One Family One Job" Scheme in Gangtok.
• It aims to provide a government job for every family in the state.
• Over 12,000 unemployed youths were given appointment letters, however, the letters were awarded to those families which do have a government job at present.
• Under this scheme, all loan debts in the farming and agriculture sector would be revoked.
• Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports, Rajyavardhan Rathore launched the National Youth Parliament Festival 2019 in New Delhi.
• The theme of the festival is -"Be the Voice of New India and Find solutions and contribute to policy"
• Youth in the age group of 18-25 years are invited to participate in the District Youth Parliaments.
• Rajyavardhan Rathore proposes to take the Youth Festival to each district of the country and celebrate it as the "National Youth Parliament Festival"
• Youth can participate by uploading a short video on @mygovindia website or by visiting your districts Nodal Institute in person-Rathore said.
• India's largest IT service company Tata Consultancy Service has appointed Daniel Hughes Callahan as additional and Independent director.
• He has been appointed as additional and Independent director for a period of five years with effect from 10 January 2019.
• Callahan was the Chief Administrative Officer and Head of Operation and Technology at Citigroup and was a member of Citi's Operating Committee until Nov 2018.
• Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani has announced that his government will implement 10% Quota for Economically Weak sections in general category.
• Gujarat became 1st state to implement 10% Quota for Economically Weak sections in general category.
• The 10% Quota will be applicable for reservation in Jobs and educational institution to economically backward sections in the general category.
• The Bill will provide the reservation on basis of income, not caste.
• The Quota will benefit Brahmins, Rajputs (Thakurs), Jats, Marathas, Bhumihars, several trading castes, Kapus and Kammas among other upper castes.
• Indian Army Day is celebrated on 15th January every year.
• It has been started celebrating to respect the Lieutenant General of India, Kodandera Madappa Cariappa who was the first Commander-in-chief of the Indian Army from General Sir Francis Butcher, the last British Commander-in-chief.
• This is the 71st celebration of the Indian Army.
• It is celebrated to dedicate to the soldiers who fought to safeguard the country's honour and salute to the courageous and brave Indian Soldiers who have been sacrificed their lives for protecting the country.