• CEAT Cricket Rating (CCR) Awards 2019 were announced in Mumbai. The awards honoured the best of the best of the International cricketers based on their performance as rated by the CEAT Cricket ratings (CCR) for the year 2018-19.
• Indian captain Virat Kohli has bagged the International Cricketer of the Year and Best Batsman during CEAT Cricket Awards. Jasprit Bumrah won the International Bowler of the Year. Elsewhere, Mohinder Amarnath has been recognised for his contribution to the sport with the lifetime achievement award.
• CEAT Cricket Rating (CCR) Awards 2019 Winner ' Complete List
|Lifetime Achievement Award
|International Cricketer and Batsman of the Year
|International Bowler of the Year
|International Test Cricketer of the Year
|International ODI Cricketer of the Year
|International T20 Player of the Year
|Outstanding Performance of the Year
|International T20 Bowler of the Year
|Domestic Player of the Yera
|International Woman Cricketer of the Year
|Junior Cricketer of the Year
|Cricket Journalists of the Year
|Sriram Veera and Snehal Pradhan
|Late Ajit Wadekar
• Digital payments company Paytm has launched its first credit card called 'Paytm First Card' in partnership with global payments company Citibank.
• This the first card of its kind launched in India by the American card company, which has similar exclusive partnerships across sectors in the US.
• It is also the first white-level credit card of its kind to offer an unlimited 1% cash-back without restriction that would get auto-credited to the card every month.
• The card issued by Citibank and there is no hidden fee or additional charge included in this. An annual fee of Rs 500 will be fully waived off on expenses above Rs 50,000 per year.
• The customers can also apply for the credit card on the Paytm app itself, and track offers and statements on the app.
Headquarters - Noida
Founded - 2010
Founder - Vijay Shekhar Sharma
CEO - Renu Satti
Parent Organisation - One97 Communications
Headquarters - New York, United States
Founded - 16 June 1812
CEO - Barbara J. Desoer
• Doordarshan in partnership with online retail giant Amazon, has launched its online souvenir store offering merchandise like t-shirt, coffee, mugs and sippers with the tagline "I am in your DNA, I am your Doordarshan".
• Doordarshan has launched an online souvenir store for its viewers on Amazon India so that one can easily access.
• The pubcaster intends to re-establish Doordarshan's brand value with its latest initiative and introduce its memorabilia to a new generation as the channel of India.
• Doordarshan is India's first broadcaster which has started Souvenir store.
Founded - 5 July 1994
Founder - Jeff Bezos
Founded - 15 September 1959
Founder - Government of India
• Bharti Airtel and HDFC Life Insurance have tied up to launch of a Rs 249 prepaid bundle plan which will come up with a Rs 4-lakh life cover (a term plan) from HDFC Life.
• The plan will cover 2GB data, unlimited calls to any network and 100 SMSs per day.
• The recharge is valid for 28 days and The insurance cover of Rs 4 lakh will be there with the customers till recharge is active and once validity will over customers have to recharge it again to avail the insurance cover.
• This plan will be available to all Airtel customers.
• To avail this insurance cover, A customer needs to enroll for insurance after the first recharge through either an SMS, the My Airtel App, or the retailer.
• The insurance cover is available to all customer aged 18-54 years, required no paperwork or medical examination except to give a declaration of good health and the policy will be instantly delivered digitally.
About Bharti Airtel
Headquarter - New Delhi
CEO - Gopal Vittal
About HDFC Life
Headquarter - Mumbai
CEO - Vibha Padalkar
• Housing finance major HDFC Limited has collaborated with India Mortgage Guarantee Corporation (IMGC) to offer a mortgage guaranteed home loan product.
• With this partnership, HDFC will be able to further penetrate the home loan market and access an enlarged customer base.
• The partnership aims to address middle age-salaried customers, self-employed customers, and young salaried customers as also a wide segment of unserviced customers.
About HDFC Limited
Headquarters - Mumbai
CEO - Keki Mistry
• The Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) has successfully conducted the flight test of ABHYA- a High speed Expendable Aerial Target (HEAT) drone which offers a realistic threat scenario for practice of weapon systems.
• The flight test was conducted from an Interim Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur, Odisha.
• ABHYAS' is designed for autonomous flying with the help of an autopilot. It uses Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems (MEMS) based navigation system for its navigation and guidance.
Headquarters - New Delhi
Founded - 1958
Chairman - G Satheesh Reddy
• Navy Chief Admiral Sunil Lanba inaugurated Indian Navy's first full-fledged Services Selection Board (SSB) at Diamond Harbour near Kolkata, West Bengal.
• SSB (Kolkata) spread over 27 acres on the banks of Hooghly, has the capacity to screen 5,000 officer-candidates annually.
• The is the fifth SSB- Service Selection Board of the Indian Navy. The other boards are located in Bhopal, Bengaluru, Visakhapatnam, and Coimbatore.
• This SSB will boost the induction of officers, both man and women, into the Indian Navy.
• Merchant service and UPI payment app BharatPe has roped in Bollywood actor Salman Khan as its brand ambassador.
• The new Campaign will be directed towards instructing merchants and users about UPI payments along with driving adoption of BharatPe app for all their business needs.
• BharatPe offers a single interface for all UPI apps like Google Pay, BHIM, Mobikwik, Freecharge, Paytm, PhonePe, and others.
About Unified Payments Interface
Introduced - 11th April 2016
Owner - NPCI
CEO - Ashneer Grover
• The International Day of Families is observed every year on 15th May to promote awareness of issues relating to families and to increase the knowledge of the social, economic and demographic processes affecting families.
• The theme of International Day of Families 2019 is "Families and Climate Action: Focus on SDG 13".
• In 1993, the General Assembly decided in a resolution that 15 May of every year should be observed as The International Day of Families.