IDangal247 presents the One liners Current Affairs . The blog is based on important General Awareness Questions. General Awareness is a very important topic for Banking, SSC, and other Competitive Exams. As you know It plays an important role in scoring well above cut off marks. You need to prepare well this section to score good marks, so practice it with selective general awareness. General Awareness comprises of three further topics i.e. Current Affairs, Banking Awareness, and Static Awareness. And you can try our Daily Current Affairs Quiz Test to enhance your General Awareness section.
|Start Quiz Test|
Banking and Financial Awareness
1. The State Bank of India has opened its Melbourne office and becoming the first Indian bank to have a branch in Australian state of Victoria.
2. PNB MetLife India Insurance Co. Ltd. has tied-up with Religare Health Insurance to offer a product which covers health, death and illness.
3. Bank of Baroda has signed an MoU with the Indian Army, under which the bank will offer customized services, along with a host of facilities to account holders.
4. Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has launched a computer-generated Document Identification Number (DIN) to ensure greater transparency and accountability in tax administration.
5. UCO Bank has launched three new digital products called, UCash, Digilocker and an App in Kolkata, West Bengal.
6. Axis Bank, India's third-largest private sector bank has launched the 'Express FD', a digital fixed deposit (FD) product that allows a customer to open an FD account in 3 minutes through the digital mode without opening a savings account with the bank.
7. The Reserve Bank of India has superseded the Board of Punjab and Maharashtra Cooperative Bank Limited, Mumbai and appointed Jai Bhagwan as the bank's administrator with all powers of the board.
8. RBI sets Ways and Means Advances (WMA) limit for Government at Rs. 35000 crore for second half of FY 2019-20.
9. Paisalo Digital has signed a co-origination loan agreement with Bank of Baroda to empower farmers, MSME segment and small businesses.
10. India's current account deficit (CAD) norrowed to $14.3 billion or 2 % of GDP during April-June quarter.
11. S&P Global Ratings slashed India growth forecast for FY20 (2019-20) to 6.3% from 7.1%.
12. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) in its fourth bi-monthly monetary policy review, reduced the policy repo rate under the Liquidity Adjustment Facility (LAF) by 25 basis points.
RBI Deputy Governor
|Kanungo, N S Vishwanathan, and Mahesh Kumar Jain|
Policy Repo Rate
Reserve Repo Rate
Marginal Standing Facility
International Day of Older Persons
Theme: 'The Journey to Age Equality'
International Coffee Day
Theme: 'Coffee's future needs you'
World Vegetarian Day
International Day of Non-Violence
World Animal Day
World Teacher's Day
World Habitant Day
Indian Air Force Day (India)
World Space Week
Theme: The Moon: Gateway to the Stars
National Wildlife Week
Theme - Life Below Water: For people and planet
|October 2 - 8|
Books and Authors
'The Tech Whisperer'
'Lal Bahadur Shastri: Politics and Beyond'
Awards and Honours
1. Infosys has won the prestigious United Nations Global Climate Action Award in the 'Climate Neutral Now' category.
2. President Ram Nath Kovind presented the most effective Swachchta Ambassador award to Former Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar on the occasion of 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
3. Human rights lawyer from Kyrgyzstan Azizbek Ashurov was awarded the 2019 UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) prestigious Nansen Award.
4. According to the 'Swachh Rail, Swachh Bharat 2019' report, Jaipur topped the list of the cleanest railway station in India.
5. UNESCO has named Mexican actress Yalitza Aparicio as a UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador for Indegenous People.
6. England all-rounder Ben Stokes has been named as the player of the year at the Professional Cricketers' Association awards.
7. The National Basketball Association installed India's 1st ever floating basketball court in Mumbai.
8. Indian women T20I captain Harmanpreet Kaur became the first Indian to play 100 T20 International matches
9. Ravindra Jadeja became the second Indian bowler to take the fastest 200 wickets in Test cricket.
10. Annu Rani has become the first Indian to qualify for Women's Javelin Throw final at World Athletics Championships in Doha, Qatar.
11. Novak Djokovic has won Japan Open title 2019.
12. Naomi Osaka has won the 2019 China Open Tennis tournament.
13. Christine Wolf has won the Hero Indian Women's Open golf title.
14. Indian fencer Bhavani Devi wins the silver medal in the women's sabre individual event at the Tournoi satelite competition in Belgium.
15. Jamaican sprint legend Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce won gold medal in 100m race of 2019 IAAF World Championships held in Doha.
16. Formula One world champion Lewis Hamilton of Mercedes won the 2019 Russia F1 Grand Prix (Formula 1 GP) at Sochi Autodrom race track in Russia.
17. N Wilson Singh & Satish Kumar Prajapati won a gold medal in 10 metres platform synchronized event at 10th Asian Age Group Championships in Bengaluru.
1. SS Mallikarjuna Rao has been appointed as the MD and CEO of the Punjab National Bank.
2. Amur Lakshminarayanan has been named as MD and CEO designate of the Tata Communications.
3. Sushil Chandra Mishra has been appointed as MD and CEO of Oil India Limited.
4. Senior Indian Information Service Officer, Kuldeep Singh Dhatwalia has been appointed as the 28th Principal Director General of Press Information Bureau.
5. Vijay Patil has been elected as the President of Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA).
6. The government has appointed economist Surjit Bhalla as the executive director of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) for a period of three years.
7. Air Marshal S K Ghotia has been appointed as the chief of South Western Air Command.
8. Former India captain Kapil Dev resigned from the Cricket Advisory Committee of Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
9. The Ministry of External Affairs of India appointed Amrit Lugun as the next Ambassador of India to Greece.
10. The Ministry of External Affairs of India notified that Muktesh Kumar Pardeshi was appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to Niue.
11. Abhishek Singh has been appointed as chief executive officer of MyGov India.
12. Punjab govt. has appointed Justice Vinod Kumar Sharma as Punjab Lokpal.
1. Indo-Mongolian joint military training 'Nomadic Elephant XIV' commenced in Bakloh, Himachal Pradesh.
2. Indo Maldives joint Exercise Ekuverin-19 to be held at Aundh Military Station in Pune, Maharastra.
3. A Gandhi film festival is organized by Films Division in association with India Tourism in Mumbai.
4. Meghalaya government has signed an agreement with Dalmia Cement a cement company to make the state plastic-free by 2022.
5. Rajasthan became the third state in India after Maharastra and Bihar to ban certain categories of pan masala containing magnesium carbonate, nicotine, tobacco, mineral oil and flavored 'supari'.
6. India's largest Charkha or sprinning wheel, made of used plastic waste was inaugurated in Noida.
7. Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik has launched 'Mo Sarkar' programme which finds its roots in the Gandhian philosophy of giving people their voice in daily governance.
8. Andhra Pradesh CM, YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has launched the 'YSR Vahan Mitra Scheme' in Eluru, Andhra Pradesh.
9. The Bhopal Municipal Corporation (BMC) and the Central Pollution Control Board have joined hands to set up the country's first e-waste clinic in Bhopal.
10. Uttarakhand CM Trivendra Singh Rawat has launched an awareness campaign 'Urjagiri' which aims at stopping power theft and saving.
11. Himachal Pradesh CM Jai Ram Thakur has launched the Pragati Rath of the HDFC Bank.
12. Defence Minister Rajanath Singh has launched the website of 11th edition of DefEXpo, to be held in Lucknow.
13. The World Economic Forum (WEF) is organizing India Economic Summit (IES) in New Delhi.
1. Ministry of Tourism has launched Audio Guide facility App "Audio Odigos" for 12 sites of India.
2. Government has launched a web portal, "Prakash" to improve coal supply to power plants.
3. Ram Vilas Paswan launched a mobile app 'Consumer App' to help consumers register complaints and get redressal within 60 days.
4. Government launched 'Ganga Aamantran' a month long exploratory open water rafting expedition.
5. Union Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan launched a digital platform 'eDantseva' for oral health information.
6. Home Minister Amit Shah flagged off the Delhi-Katra Vande Bharat Express from the New Delhi Railway Station.
7. Air India has launched "Namaskar Sewa" at Delhi airport to provide better services to the passengers.
8. Union Minister of Textiles, Smiriti Irani to represent India at World Cotton Day celebration in Geneva.
9. NITI Aayog, UNDP and Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) launched Youth Co-Lab, a youth lab programme for entrepreneurs to accelerate innovation.
10. UP CM Yogi Adityanath flagged off country's 1st private train Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express started its maiden journey from Lucknow. It will be the first train of Indian Railways that will be entirely run by Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC).
11. Ministry of Tourism organises first of its king Adventure Trekking Training course in Ladakh.
1. India and Kazakhstan conducted Joint Military Exercise 'KAZIND-2019' at Pithoragarh, Uttarakhand.
2. China unveiled the DF-41 intercontinental-range ballistic missile, touted to be the most powerful missile on the planet at the National Day parade in Beijing.
3. Japan has launched an unmanned spacecraft towards the International Space Station.
3. The 14th edition of Indo-Mongolian Joint military training, Exercise Nomadic Elephant-XIV started on 5th October.
4. According to the IMD Smart City Index, Singapore is the smartest city in the world.
5. The Festival of Fulpati is celebrated in Nepal.
6. In the Global Firepowers 2019 Military Strength Ranking, the Indian military has been ranked as the strongest military power in South Asia.
7. Palestine issued a commemorative postage stamp on the occasion of the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
|Start Quiz Test|
Download the PrepSutra app
Download the app for Android devices and prepare on the go - anytime, anywhere!