• Border Security Force (BSF) and Border Guards Bangladesh (BGB) concluded 3-day 'Mainamati Maitree Exercise 2019' as apart of 'Confidence Building Measures' between India and Bangladesh held in Agartala, Tripura.
• The major objective of this was to plan and conduct anti-smuggling and anti-criminal activity related operations with utimate aim of achieving better joint operational efficiency and border management in the area.
Capital - Dhaka
Currency - Taka
Prime Minister - Sheikh Hasina
Capital - Agartala
Chief Minister - Biplab Kumar Dev
Governor - Kaptan Singh Solanki
• IFFCO Tokio General Insurance has launched 'Bank Locker Protector Policy' which is the first policy in the industry to protect the contents of bank locker such as jewelry, title documents, and other valuables.
• The policy offers a cover against various risks including fire, earthquake, burglary, holdup, infidelity by a bank staff or any act of terrorism. Apart from Jewelry and Valuables, Important documents kept in a locker can also be insured under the policy as an add-on cover.
• The policy offers 7 options of sum insured ranging from Rs 3 lakh to Rs 40 lakh and above and the premimum rate is affordable with a cover of Rs 3 lakh available at just Rs300.
It is a joint venture between the Indian Farmers Fertilizer Co-operative (IFFCO) and its associates and Tokio Marine and Nichido Fire Group which is also the largest listed insurance group in Japan.
Headquarters - Gurugram, Haryana
Chairman - Mr. K. Srinivasa Gowda
• The 'Pradhan Mantri JI-VAN (Jaiv Indian-Vatavaran Anukool Fasal Awashesh Nivaran) Yojana was approved by the Union cabinet for providing financial support to the Integrated Bioethanol Projects.
• The Cabinet was chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
• The 'Pradhan Mantri JI-VAN Yojana will be supported with the total financial outlay of Rs 1969.50 crore for the period 2018-19 to 2023-24.
• The scheme aims to incentivise the Second Generation (2G) Ethanol sector and support the industry by creating a suitable ecosystem for setting up commercial projects and increasing Research and Development (R&D) in this area.
• Tata Steel has received the award as one of the 2019 World's Most Ethical Companies.
• The award has been given by Ethisphere Institute, USA.
• With this, the company has got the recognition eight times in the 'Metals, Minerals and Mining' category.
• In 2019, 128 honourees across 21 countries and 50 industries have been recognized.
CEO - T. V. Narendran
Founded - 25 August 1907
• Bhagwan Lal Sahni who hails from Muzaffarpur, Bihar has been appointed as the chairman of the National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC).
• Kaushalendra Singh Patel, Sudha Yadav, and Achary Talloju have been appointed as members of the commission. Their names were approved by President Ram Nath Kovind.
• The NCBC was given constitutional status by Parliament in 2018, after repealing the National Commission for Backward Classes Act, 1993.
Formed - 14 August 1993
Headquarters - New Delhi
• Gram Samridhi Yojana, a Rs 3,000 crore scheme funded by the World Bank and Government of India, is being worked upon by the Ministry of Food Processing Industries in order to strengthen the unorganized food processing sector concentrated in rural areas.
• The scheme will be run in four states- Uttar Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, Maharastra, and Panjab for a five-year period in the initial phase and thereafter in other states of the country.
• Niti Aayog has given its approval to the scheme.
• World Bank will be giving Rs 1,500 crore and Rs 1,000 crore will be borne by Centre while the state government will put in Rs 500 crore.
• Former Finance Secretary Hasmukh Adhia was appointed as non-executive chairman of Bank of Baroda.
• The Appointment Committee of the Cabinet has approved his appointment as the part-time non-official director as well as non-executive chairman on the board of Bank of Baroda for three-years.
• He is a 1981-batch IAS officer from the Gujarat cadre.
Bank of Baroda
Tagline - India's International Bank
Headquarters - Alkapuri, Vadodara
CEO - P. S. Jayakumar
• ASSOCHAM (The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India), which is one the apex trade association of India has conferred 'Non-Life Insurer of the Year Award 2019' to Bharti AXA General Insurance.
• It is a joint venture between Bharti Enterprises and French insurance gaint AXA.
• ASSOCHAM honored Bharti AXA General Insurance with this recognition for its contribution to the non-life insurance sector during the recently-held Insurance Leaders Meet 2019 and Excellence Awards in Kolkata.
• This award recognizes efficacy, excellence, and contribution in the insurance industry annually.
Bharti AXA Life Insurance
Founded - 2005
CEO - Vikas Seth
Headquarters - New Delhi, India
• Macky Sall has again won the election with 58.27% of votes cast to be the President of Senegal.
• Macky Sall has won re-election without the need for a second round of voting, giving him five years more in office.
• He was elected as president in 2012 for the first time.
Capital - Dakar
Currency - CFA Franc
Prime Minister - Mahammed Boun Abdallah
• Abu Dhabi hosted the 46th session of the Council of Foreign Ministers of the Organisation of Islamic Co-operation (OIC).
• It was a two-day gathering dedicated to discuss ways to combat hate speech, extremism, and conflict in the region.
• This the first time that India participated in the meeting. Sushma Swaraj attended the inaugural session of the Organisation of Islamic Co-operation meeting in Abu Dhabi where she was welcomed as a "guest of honour".
• The organization of Islamic Co-operation (OIC) is an influential grouping of 57 Islamic countries.
United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Capital - Abu Dhabi
Currency - Dirham