IDangal247 presents the One liners Current Affairs . The blog is based on important General Awareness Questions. General Awareness is a very important topic for Banking, SSC, and other Competitive Exams. As you know It plays an important role in scoring well above cut off marks. You need to prepare well this section to score good marks, so practice it with selective general awareness. General Awareness comprises of three further topics i.e. Current Affairs, Banking Awareness, and Static Awareness. And you can try our Daily Current Affairs Quiz Test to enhance your General Awareness section.
|Start Quiz Test|
1. UNESCO tied up with Rajasthan to promote state's intangible cultural heritage.
2. Gujarat Government and the Delaware State of America signed MoU for sister state.
3. India to host 6th India-China Strategic Economic Dialogue in New Delhi.
4. B Bala Bhaskar appointed as next Indian Ambassador to Norway.
5. 4th Indian Ocean Conference 2019 held in Male. The theme for 4th Indian Ocean Conference 2019 was: 'Securing the Indian Ocean Region: Traditional and Non-Traditional Challenges.
6. A Coffee Table Book titles 'Glorious Diaspora-Pride of India' on Pravasi Bharatiya Samman awardee was released by Vice President of India, M. Venkaiah Naidu in New Delhi.
7. Veteran Congress leader and former MP Sukhdev Singh Libra passed.
8. High Commissioner of India to Canada Vikas Swarup inaugurated the India Pavilion at the 44th Toronto International Film Festival (ITFF) 2019.
9. International Literacy Day is observed on September 8, 2019 with the theme 'Literacy and Multilingualism'.
10. The founder and Chairman of Vedanta Resorces Limited, Anil Agarwal has been given the lifetime achievement award at the 19th Annual Asian Achievers Awards 2019.
11. The Asian Developement Bank (ADB) has approved $200 million loan to Maharastra for rural road project.
13. The Reserve Bank of India selected Daffodil Software Pvt Ltd to develop a mobile phone based application for visually impaired people to identify currency notes.
14. A fun zone, the first of its kind in India, has been set up by the Railways at the Visakhapatnam Railway Station, Andhra Pradesh.
15. A 2-day long Western Air Command, Commanders' Conference 2019 was held in New Delhi.
16. Sri Lanka's Lasith Malinga has become the first T20I bowler to take 100 wickets during the 3rd T20I against New Zealand at Pallekele.
17. Canadian teenager Bianca Andreescue stunned Sarena Williams 6-3, 7-5 to grab the US Open 2019 women's singles title.
18. Rafael Nadal beats Daniil Medvedev to win US Open men's final.
19. Ferrari's Charles Leclerc has won the Italian Grand Prix. The event was held at the Autodromo Nazionale Monza track, Italy.
20. World's highest marathon "Ladakh Marathon" held in Leh as it is held at over 11,000 feet above the mean sea level.
21. The 1st conference on military medicine for the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) member states will be held in Delhi.
22. 'SLINEX 2019', the bilateral maritime exercise between India and Sri Lanka commenced on 7 September 2019 at Visakhapatnam (Andhra Pradesh).
23. GoI to spent 3.5 lakh crore rupees rupees on Jal Jeevan Mission.
24. The President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind has inaugurated the National Youth Summit 2019 held in New Delhi.
25. Union Home Minister Amit Shah chaired the 2-day (8th & 9th September, 2019) event of 68th Plenary session of the North Eastern Council 2019.
26. The International Association for Sucide Prevention (IASP) observes World Sucide Preventaion Day on 10 September every year.
27. The 6th India-China Strategic Economic Dialogue was held in New Delhi.
28. Noted Odia writer Pradeep Dash will be conferred with the 40th edition of prestigious Sarala Purskar for his poetry work Charu Chibar O Charjya. The annual award, comprising a cash prize of Rs 5 lakh and citation.
29. Justice Vikram Nath has been appointed as the chief justice of the Gujarat High Court.
30. Microsoft has appointed Rajiv Kumar as the new MD of Microsoft India Research and Development Pvt Ltd (MIRPL).
31. Indian Post Payement Bank (IPPB) rollout of Aadhaar Enabled Payment System Services (AePS).
32. The Ministry of Civil Aviation organised India's first-ever helicopter summit in Dehradun.
33. Brazil's Diego Matos was given a life ban from professional tennis and fined $125,000 after being found guilty of match-fixing.
34. Jack Ma, Founder of Chinese firm Alibaba Groups has stepped down as chairman after handing over the role to the company's current CEO Daniel Zhang.
35. US President Donald Trump has fired his National Security Adviser John Bolton.
36. Minister of State for Agriculture, Parshottam Rupala has launched a multilingual Mobile App "CHF Farm Machinery" during a conference on Crop Residue Management in New Delhi.
37. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched the National Animal Disease Control Programme (NADCP) in Uttar Pradesh's Mathura.
38. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will dedicate to the nation India's second riverine Multi-Modal terminal (MMT) built at Sahibganj in Jharkhand.
39. A book titled "Savarkar Echoes from a forgotten past, 1883-1924" is penned by Bengaluru-based historian Vikaram Sampath and published by Penguin.
40. International conference ANGAN (Augmenting Nature by Green Affordable New-habitat) for Energy Efficiency in the Building Sector is being organized by the Bureau of Energy Efficency in New Delhi.
41. MD and Chairman of Hero MotoCrop, Pawan Munjal will be honoured with the 2019 Asia Pacific Golf Hall of Fame.
42. NITI Aayog has selected McKinsey & Company to set up India's first Digital Cpability Centre (DCC).
43. Gurugram traffic police have tied up with Google maps for real time traffic updates.
44. Kerala will set up India's first international women's trade centre (iWTC), in consonance with the United Nations sustainable development goals (SDGs) in Kozhikode.
45. Tamil Film Director, Actor and Cinematographer Raja Sekar passed away.
46. The 24th World Energy Congress commence in Abu Dhabi under the patronage of Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the UAE. The theme of this World Energy Congress is "Energy for Prosperity".
48. England crickets greats Geoffrey Boycott and Andrew Strauss have been honoured with "Knighthoods" by Theresa May in her resignation honours list.
49. Former Cabinet Secretary Pradeep Kumar Sinha has been appointed the Principal Advisor to Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
50. Pramod Kumar Mishra has been appointed the Principal Secretary to Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
51. India's 2nd Scorpene-class submarine, INS Khanderi will be commissioned into the Indian Navy by Defence Minister Rajnath Singh.
52. DRDO successfully flight tested an indigenously-developed low weight, fire and forget Man-Portable Antitank Guided Missile (MPATGM) in the ranges of Kurnool, Andhra Pradesh.
53. Thailand became the first Asian nation to unveil plain cigarette packaging to reduce the appeal of somking and complied with the World Health Organisation's (WHO) guidelines.
54. Nepla Infrastructure Summit 2019 was held in Kathmandu, Nepal. The theme of the summit was "Resilient Infrastructure for Sustainable Development".
55. Navdeep Singh Suri, India's envoy to United Arab Emirates, has been honoured with the First Class Order of Zayed II award.
56. India and Asian Development Bank (ADB) has signed $200 million loan agreement for upgrading rural roads in 34 districts of Maharastra to improve road safety.
57. IDBI will launch a co-branded credit card with LIC.
58. The Chief Minister of Haryana Manohar Lal Khattar launched 2 insurance schemes named "Mukhyamantri Vyapari Samuhik Niji Durghatna Beema Yojana" and "Mukhyamantri Vyapari Kshatipurti Beem Yojana" for traders. An insurance cover of Rs 5 lakh would be provided under MVSNDBY. An insurance cover ranging from Rs 5 lakh to Rs 25 lakh would be provided under MVKBY.
59. MD and CEO of Karnataka Bank, Mahabaleshwara MS, has been inducted to the managing committee of Indian Banks' Association (IBA).
60. The International Finance Corporation (IFC), part of the World Bank Group, has signed a MoU with the Finance Industry Development Council (FIDC).
61. Vietnam has inaugurated Southeast Asia's largest solar power farm which has been the capacity to produce 688 milliion kWh of electricity annually.
62. India has joined the Global Antimicrobial Resistance Research (AMR) and Development hub as a new member.
63. Minister for Skill Development and Enterpreneurship (MSDE), laid the foundation stone for Indian Institute of Skills (IIS) at Mumbai.
64. India-Thailand Joint Military Exercise Maitree 2019 to be held Umroi, in Meghalaya, from September 16-29, 2019.
65. Veteran music director Usha Khanna has been conferred the "Lata Mangeshkar Award" for the year 2019-20. The award is conferred by Maharastra government.
66. The famous sweet, Srivilliputtur palkova, Virudhunagar district, Tamil Nadu has been granted the Geographical Indicatio (GI) tag.
67. Samsung launched Mobile Apps 'Good Vibes' and 'Relumino' for Deafblind and Vision Impaired.
68. 22nd Session of UN Committee on Convention on Rightd of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD) hed in Geneva, Switzerland.
69. PM Modi launched "Swarojgar" pension for self-employed in Jharkhand.
70. 'Word University Ranking 2020', published by UK, University of Oxford has topped. IIT Ropar and IISc Bangalore were ranked number 1 among the 56 Indian institutes.
71. Hindi Diwas is observed every year on 14 September to mark the popularity of Hindi as an official language of India.
72. Former England captain Andrew Strauss has been appointed as the chairman of the England and Wales Cricket Board's cricket committee.
73. The Defence Acquisition Council accorded approval for Capital Procurement for the Services amounting to approximately Rs 2,000 crores.
74. Legendary Cricket Kapil Dev has been appointed as the first Chancellor of the Haryana Sports University located at Rai in Sonipat.
75. The Railway Ministry signed a MoU with Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) for evaluating the green initiative and rate the performance of its industrial units.
76. The National Green Tribunal has constituted a committee to formulate steps to cease illegal groundwater extraction.
77. Rajasthan has launched "Jan Soochna Portal-2019" a public information portal to provide information about government authorities and departments to the public in the true spirit of the Right To Information Act.
78. Union Government has set a target of setting up 12,500 Ayush Health and Wellness Centres across the country.
79. The World Bank will provide Rs 3,000 crore assistance to finance mini and mega food parks across India.
80. Global Economic Freedom index 2019 published by FRASER Institute. India has been ranked at 79th place. Hongkong is at top position followed by Singapore on 2nd. Iraq is raked last.
81. Tata firm, Nelco, launched a maritime communication service, becoming India's first company to provide broadband services to the maritime sector.
82. The Army will conduct the Exercise 'HimVijay' in October 2019 in Arunachal Pradesh and Assam with its newly created Integrated Battle Groups (IBG).
83. Meity has formed an eight-membered Committee to study issues related to non-personal data and suggest how the government should look at regulating it. The committee is headed by Kris Gopalkrishnan, Infosys Co-Founder.
|Start Quiz Test|
Download the PrepSutra app
Download the app for Android devices and prepare on the go - anytime, anywhere!