1. IMPOSE (VERB): (थोपना) force (an unwelcome decision or ruling) on someone.
Synonyms: inflict, foist
The decision was theirs and was not imposed on them by others.
2. FORTHRIGHT (ADJ.): (निष्कपट) (of a person or their manner or speech) direct and outspoken.
Synonyms: frank, dishonest
They are being very forthright in their comments and very accurate.
3. KOWTOW (VERB): (नमस्कार) act in an excessively subservient manner.
Synonyms: greeting, salutation
she didn't have to kowtow to a boss.
4. ALIENATE (VERB): (अलगाना) make (someone) feel isolated or estranged.
Synonyms: separate, disunite
An urban environment which would alienate its inhabitants.
5. JEOPARDY (NOUN): (ख़तरा) danger of loss, harm, or failure.
Synonyms: peril, insecurity
The whole peace process is in jeopardy.
6. EXPLICIT (ADJ.): (स्पष्ट) stated clearly and in detail
Synonyms: exact, obvious
The arrangement had not been made explicit.
7. CONCOMITANT (ADJ.): (सहगामी) naturally accompanying or associated
Synonyms: connected, linked
She loved travel, with all its concomitant worries.
8. SHUN (VERB): (छोड़ना) persistently avoid, ignore, or reject (someone or something) through antipathy or caution
Synonyms: refuse, evade
He shunned fashionable society.
9. COMPEL (VERB): (मजबूर) force or oblige (someone) to do something.
Synonyms: impel, urge
A sense of duty compelled Harry to answer her questions.
10. ACCOMPLISH (VERB): (पूरा करना) achieve or complete successfully.
Synonyms: fulfil, attain
Antonyms: give up
If we work as a team, I'm confident we will accomplish our goal.
Download the PrepSutra app
Download the app for Android devices and prepare on the go - anytime, anywhere!