1. RATIFICATION (NOUN): (अनुसमर्थन) the action of signing or giving formal consent to a treaty, contract, or agreement, making it officially valid
Synonyms: confirmation, substantiation
Ratification of the treaty raised problems in several member states.
2. RATIFY (VERB): (पुष्टि करना) sign or give formal consent to (a treaty, contract, or agreement)
Synonyms: confirm, approve
Both countries were due to ratify the treaty by the end of the year.
3. PROHIBIT (VERB): (निषेध) formally forbid someone from doing something.
Synonyms: ban, proscribe
Soviet citizens were prohibited from travelling abroad.
4. ENORMITY (NOUN): (दुष्टता) the great or extreme scale, seriousness
A thorough search disclosed the full enormity of the crime.
5. ABOLITION (NOUN): (उन्मूलन) scrapping
Synonyms: ending, eradication
They preach the abolition of established systems but propose nothing to replace them.
6. SCOURGE (VERB): (कष्ट देना) cause great suffering to
Synonyms: afflict, oppress
Political methods used to scourge and oppress workers.
7. COPARCENARY (NOUN): (संदायादता) coparcenary is a term often used in matters related to the Hindu succession law.
8. ANOMALY (NOUN): (अवैधता) something that deviates from what is standard, normal, or expected.
Synonyms: oddity, illegality
There are a number of anomalies in the present system.
9. PRIOR TO (PHRASE): (के पहले) before
Synonyms: previously, earlier
He worked as a translator prior to becoming an ESL teacher.
Download the PrepSutra app
Download the app for Android devices and prepare on the go - anytime, anywhere!