1. PERISH (VERB): (मर जाना) die, especially in a violent or sudden way.
Synonyms: flatline, expire
Antonyms: be born
Nine people, including five engineers, perished in the facility on the Telangana-Andhra Pradesh border.
2. MANOEUVRE (NOUN): a movement or series of moves requiring skill and care.
Synonyms: operation, activity
Snowboarders performed daring manoeuvres on precipitous slopes.
3. RIGOROUS (ADJ.): (कर्कश) extremely thorough and careful.
Synonyms: meticulous, attentive
He also maintained his rigorous schedule of charity and motivational work.
4. REMIFICATION (NOUN): a complex or unwelcome consequence of an action or event.
Synonyms: consequence, outcome
Any change is bound to have legal ramifications.
5. CRIPPLE (VERB): (अपंग) cause (someone) to become unable to walk or move properly.
Synonyms: disable, debilitate
A young student was crippled for life.
6. DIRE (ADJ.): (खतरनाक) extremely serious or urgent.
Synonyms: awful, terrible
Misuse of drugs can have dire consequences.
7. BOLSTER (VERB): (मजबूत बनाना) support or strengthen.
Synonyms: fortify, reinforce
The fall in interest rates is starting to bolster confidence.
8. PERTINENT (ADJ.): (उचित) relevant or applicable to a particular matter; apposite.
Synonyms: appropriate, suitable
She asked me a lot of very pertinent questions.
9. DEALT A BLOW (PHRASE): (धक्का पहुँचाना) to hit (someone or something) so as to cause harm.
Antonyms: make happy
The summer drought has dealt a heavy blow to the government's economic record.