1. SHATTERED (ADJ.): very upset
Synonyms: exhausted, weary
"He was said to be absolutely shattered after losing his job".
2. LITIGANT (NOUN): (विवादी) opponent
Synonyms: complainant, petitioner
"If the law helped a litigant to make his case, fine".
3. ABIDE (VERB): (पालन करना) accept
Synonyms: obey, observe
"I said I would abide by their decision".
4. MISOGYNY (NOUN): (स्री जाति से द्वेष) discrimination
Synonyms: inequity, prejudice
"She felt she was struggling against thinly disguised misogyny".
5. ADJUNCT (NOUN): (सहायक) accessory
Synonyms: addition, supplement
"Computer technology is an adjunct to learning".
6. DOCTRINE (NOUN): (सिद्धांत) principle
Synonyms: creed, belief
He believes in the doctrine of freedom, or equal personal rights for all men.
7. PROHIBITION (NOUN): (रोक) the action of forbidding
Synonyms: baning, disallowing
"They argue that prohibition of drugs will always fail".
8. PURPORT (NOUN): (अभिप्राय) implication
Synonyms: significance, intention
"I do not understand the purport of your remarks".
9. OSTENSIBLE (ADJ.): (काल्पनिक) stated or appearing to be true, but not necessarily so.
Synonyms: seeming, superficial
"The real dispute which lay behind the ostensible complaint".
10. RENDER (VERB): (सौंपना) provide or give
Synonyms: contribute, furnish
"Money serves as a reward for services rendered".
11. UPHOLD (VERB): (समर्थन करना) support
Synonyms: confirm, endorse
"The court upheld his claim for damages".
Download the PrepSutra app
Download the app for Android devices and prepare on the go - anytime, anywhere!