1. SCANDALISE (VERB): (भयभीत करना) shock or horrify
Synonyms: outrage, appal
Their lack of manners scandalized their hosts.
2. CONTEMPT (NOUN): (निंदा) scorn
Synonyms: disdain, disrespect
She was arrested for contempt of court.
3. Accountable (ADJ.): (उत्तरदायी) responsible
Synonyms: liable, answerable
He is accountable to the management for what he does.
4. INITIATION (NOUN): (शुरूआत) beginning
Synonyms: introduce, starting
This was also the initiation of underground electricity cables in the town.
5. RETAIN (VERB): (बनाए रखने के) continue to have
Synonyms: keep, maintain
Labour retained the seat.
6. DEEM (VERB): (समझना) regard or consider
Synonyms: judge, believe
The event was deemed a great success.
7. UNINHIBITED (ADJ): (बेहिचक) carefree
Synonyms: unrestrained, reckless
Yong children are usually uninhibited and naturally outgoing.
8. ALLEGATION (NOUN): (आरोप) claim
Synonyms: assertion, contention
He made allegations of corruption against the administration.
9. INNUENDO (NOUN): an allusive or oblique remark or hint
Synonyms: overtone, taunt
She's always making sly innuendoes.
10. LATITUDE (NOUN): (छूट) freedom
Synonyms: scope, leeway
Journalists have considerable latitude in criticizing public figures.
11. STRIDENT (ADJ): (कठोर) loud and harsh
Synonyms: raucous, rough
His voice had become increasingly strident.
12. HAUL (VERB): (खींचना) pull or drag
Synonyms: manhandle, tug
He hauled his bike out of the shed.
13. ABOLISH (VERB): (समाप्त करना) put an end to
Synonyms: obliterate, eradicate
The tax was abolished in 1977.
14. SCOTCH (VERB): (अंत कर देना) decisively put an end to.
Synonyms: ruin, demolish
A spokesman has scotched the rumours.
15. RESTRAIN (VERB): (नियंत्रित करना) prevent (someone or something) from doing something; keep under control
Synonyms: impede, constrain
He could barely restrain his anger.
16. CONVENE (VERB): come or bring together for a meeting or activity
Synonyms: assemble, hold
He had convened a secret meeting of military personnel.
17. IMPERATIVE (ADJ): (अनिवार्य) crucial
Synonyms: essential, necessary
Water is imperative for survival.
18. OPTIMISM (NOUN): (आशावाद) hopefulness and confidence
Synonyms: hope, buoyancy
The talks had been amicable and there were grounds for optimism.
Download the PrepSutra app
Download the app for Android devices and prepare on the go - anytime, anywhere!