1. COGNISANCE (NOUN): (ज्ञान) knowledge or awareness.
Synonyms: perception, notice
My son has no cognizance that his reckless actions are dangerous.
2. SOPHISTRY (NOUN): (कुतर्क) the use of clever but false arguments,
Synonyms: eristic, fallacy
Trying to argue that I had benefited in any way from the disaster was pure sophistry.
3. RETROGRADE (ADJ.): (पीछे हटना) moving backwards.
Synonyms: reverse, rearward
4. CAPACIOUS (ADJ.): (लंबा-चौड़ा) having a lot of space inside; roomy
Synonyms: commodious, large
They turned to hurry on through the capacious hall.
5. CONDUCIVE (ADJ.): (अनुकूल) favourable
Synonyms: beneficial, opportune
The harsh lights and cameras were hardly conducive to a relaxed atmosphere.
6. DEMONSTRATE (VERB): (दिखाना) exhibit
Synonyms: display, effectuate
Computerized design methods will be demonstrated.
7. RATIFY (VERB): (पुष्टि करना) confirm,
Synonyms: approve, endorse
Both countries were due to ratify the treaty by the end of the year.
8. PROMPT (VERB): (प्रेरित करना) induce
Synonyms: precipitate, propel
To prompt someone to do something means to make them decide to do it.
Download the PrepSutra app
Download the app for Android devices and prepare on the go - anytime, anywhere!