1. COLOSSAL (ADJ.): extremely large or great.
Synonyms: massive, enormous
They were asking a colossal amount of money for the house.
2. TRANSIENT (ADJ.): lasting only for a short time; impermanent.
Synonyms: temporary, brief
The city has a large transient population.
3. ASSORTMENT (NOUN): a miscellaneous collection of things or people.
Synonyms: collection, miscellany
The room was filled with an assortment of clothes.
4. DEPLETE (VERB): use up the supply or resources of.
Synonyms: empty, evacuate
Reservoirs have been depleted by years of drought.
5. IRREPARABLE (ADJ.): (of an injury or loss) impossible to rectify or repair.
Synonyms: irreversible, irremediable
They were doing irreparable damage to my heart and lungs.
6. EXAGGERATION (NOUN): a statement that represents something as better or worse than it really is.
Synonyms: overemphasis, overstatement
She told us what happened without exaggeration.
7. CORPUS (NOUN): a collection of written texts.
Synonyms: compilation, bulk
All the dictionary examples are taken from a corpus of billions of words.
8. Accountable (ADJ.): (उत्तरदायी) responsible
Synonyms: liable, answerable
He is accountable to the management for what he does.
Download the PrepSutra app
Download the app for Android devices and prepare on the go - anytime, anywhere!