1. ALLEVIATE (VERB): (कम करना) make (suffering, deficiency, or a problem) less severe.
Synonyms: reduce, ease
He couldn't prevent her pain, only alleviate it.
2. RETICENCE (NOUN): (अल्पभाषिता) the quality of being reticent; reserve.
Synonyms: introversion, restraint
Despite his initial reticence, he began teaching the children.
3. SURMISE (VERB): (शंका) suppose that something is true without having evidence to confirm it.
Synonyms: guess, conjecture
He surmised that something must be wrong.
4. VEILED (VERB): (अप्रत्यक्ष) partially conceal, disguise, or obscure.
Synonyms: concealed, surreptitious
She took the comment as a veiled threat.
5. CONTENTION (NOUN): (विवाद) heated disagreement.
Synonyms: dispute, acrimony
The captured territory was the main area of contention between the two countries.
6. DOMINATE (VERB): (हावी) have power and influence over.
Synonyms: control, command
The company dominates the market for operating system software.
7. SURREPTITIOUS (ADJ): kept secret, especially because it would not be approved of.
Synonyms: stealthy, secretive
Low wages were supplemented by surreptitious payments from tradesmen.