The Hindu Editorial Vocabulary
1. Indictment: the act of officially accusing
somebody of a crime.
2. Polarise: to cause people or opinions to be
divided into two opposing groups.
3. Reimbursed: paid back money to someone who
had spent it for you or had lost it because of you.
4. Rife: very common or frequent. व्याप्त
5. Behest: a person's orders or command. आदेश
6. Compelling: that makes you think it is true. दमदार
7. Vogue: a fashion or general liking, especially one
that is temporary. प्रचलन
8. Sap: to make someone weaker or take away
strength or an important quality from someone,
especially over a long period of time.
9. Testament: proof that something exists or is true.
14. Revelatory: making something known or showing
something that was previously secret. जतानेवाल